I follow so many blogs of friends, so thought I would start my own! Bear with me as I try to figure this whole blog world out! :) I've attempted to start one about 10 times, only to have a baby wake up, phone ring, 2 year old potty accident, etc. So here goes!
What better way to start out a blog than with some things I'm thankful for. There is so much that I DAILY find myself thanking God for, so I thought I'd share!
1. My husband. He is such a patient man who stresses about little and loves a lot. God sure knew what He was doing when He put us together...Jay balances out my planning, high-strung, worried self.
2. Jack's beautiful, tender heart. I'm so proud of the little man he is becoming, looking out for his little 'tister', while showing me his sweet little innocence all the time.
3. Avery's feisty attitude. While it may cause more arguments and 'throw downs' than I'd like, that girl has such an attitude sometimes. Like today in the car on the way home from school she says, 'Jack, I am SO mad at you right now.' (Jack, sitting quietly watching the cars go by) 'I am just SO SO mad (lip poked out)' Me: 'Why are you mad at Jack, Avery?" 'Oh, I'm just mad. Just kidding Jack (smile)'
4. Grant's sweet giggles. That boy makes me smile inside and out when he laughs.
5. My parents. I couldn't be more thankful for parents who are eager and willing to keep my babies while I'm at work. My babies love their GIgi and Papa (or as of late, Geeg and Pop, shortened by Jack) so much and leaving them with my parents makes going to work so much easier.
6. My job. While I pretty much get stressed on a daily basis, I am so thankful to have the opportunity to do what I love, 4 hours a day so that I can spend the other time with my family. Although short lived, I have really enjoyed this year, changes and all.
7. My friends. I have the best friends, from college, church, and at work. I constantly feel supported, loved, and needed. Couldn't ask for better!
8. Jack and Avery's school. We had such a bad experience with 'school' before, and I couldn't love where they are right now any more than I do. Their teachers love them so much, and do things for them that I would be doing if I were with them. A true blessing!
9. God's timing. A lot of you know about my job/house situation, but it's all falling into place. The plan was to stay part time next year and move into a bigger house (which would also mean bigger payments, etc.). The part-time plan didn't work out, and I'm not ready to go back full-time right now. Although we might not have the opportunity to live in a house where each of the babies has a room to themselves right now, I am excited about being able to be home with them next year. They're only little once, and I'm afraid I'd regret working through their baby-hood.
10. Our health. My family has been through so much this past year with my mom's original diagnosis of Stage 3 pancreatic cancer in February 2009, to a new diagnosis of lymphoma in July, and a negative CT scan just under a year later. God is good!!
So that's all I have to say for today. There aren't many quiet moments in my house, but right now I've got all 3 snoozing away. We'll see how often I get to post! :)